Terms of Service
Riley Jackson Law Website Terms and Conditions of Use
USE OF THE WEBSITE
We may prohibit or enjoin any conduct or use of the Website or the Content that restricts or prevents other users from using the Website or Content or that otherwise violates these Terms. We have the right to restrict, suspend or terminate access to any user for any reason at any time in our sole discretion. Notwithstanding the above, we have no obligation to monitor the use of the Website, but reserve the right to do so. Riley Jackson Law has no obligation to maintain, store or transfer to you information or data that you have posted on or uploaded to the Website.
If you post or upload anything to the Website, it must comply with our Posted Content Standards set forth in these Terms.
You may not use any robot, spider, scraper, or other automated means to access the Website or the Content for any purposes. You shall not attempt to make the Website or the Content unavailable through denial-of-service attacks or similar means. You shall not use contact information provided by users, or collect information about our users, to facilitate the sending of unsolicited bulk communications such as SPAM.
If you submit to the Website or otherwise exchange communications, content or materials via the Website, including, without limitation, any personal or commercial information, ideas, concepts, know-how or inventions, you irrevocably grant to Riley Jackson Law an unrestricted, worldwide, irrevocable, royalty free license to use, reproduce, display publicly, perform, publish, transmit and distribute such communications, content, materials, ideas, concepts, know-how and inventions.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to the Website and ensuring that all persons who access the Website through your internet connection or using any access credentials we provide to you, are aware of these Terms and comply with these Terms. You agree to use the Website only for lawful purposes. You agree not to use the Website:
- In any way that violates any applicable federal, state, local, or international laws, rules or regulations (including, without limitation, any laws regarding the export of data or software to and from the United States or other countries);
- For the purpose of exploiting, harming, or attempting to exploit or harm minors in any way by exposing them to inappropriate content, asking for personally identifiable information, or otherwise;
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use, or re-use any material that does not comply with the Posted Content Standards set forth in these Terms;
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any advertising or promotional material without our prior written consent, including, without limitation, any “junk mail”, “chain letter”, “spam”, or any other similar solicitation;
- To impersonate or attempt to impersonate Riley Jackson Law, a Riley Jackson Law employee, another user, or any other person or entity (including, without limitation, by using email addresses or screen names associated with any of the foregoing); or
- To engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone’s use or enjoyment of the Website, or which, as determined by us, may harm Riley Jackson Law or users of the Website or expose them to liability.
Additionally, you agree not to:
- Use the Website in any manner that could disable, overburden, damage, or impair the Website or interfere with any other party’s use of the Website, including, without limitation, their ability to engage in real time activities through the Website;
- Use any robot, spider, or other automatic device, process or means to access the Website for any purpose, including, without limitation, monitoring or copying any of the material on the Website;
- Use any manual process to monitor or copy any of the material on the Website or for any other unauthorized purpose without our prior written consent;
- Use any device, software, or routine that interferes with the proper working of the Website;
- Introduce any viruses, trojan horses, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful;
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage, or disrupt any parts of the Website, the server on which the Website is stored, or any server, computer or database connected to the Website;
- Attack the Website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack; or
- Otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Website.
RIGHTS TO DE-IDENTIFIED INFORMATION
By using the Website, you consent to Riley Jackson Law using “de-identified” data available in your Riley Jackson Law account for any purpose permitted by law, including, without limitation, (i) analysis and incorporation of the de-identified data in research, databases, reports, comparative data sets, scores or scoring systems generated therefrom, and (ii) the creation and distribution of works and derivative works based on de-identified data.
From the Website
Through the Website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of Riley Jackson Law and such links are provided for your convenience only. This includes links contained in advertisements, including banner advertisements and sponsored links. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them. The inclusion of any links on the Website is not and does not imply a recommendation or endorsement of the views expressed with the linked websites. All use of the linked websites is entirely at your own risk subject to the terms and conditions of the linked websites.
To the Website
You may link to the homepage of the Website, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part.
To the extent the Website may provide certain social media features, you may use these features solely as they are provided to you, solely with respect to the Content they are displayed with and otherwise in accordance with any additional terms and conditions we provide with respect to such features. Subject to the foregoing, you must not:
- Establish a link from any website that is not owned by you;
- Cause the Website or any portions of it to be displayed, or appear to be displayed by any other site, for example, framing, deep linking or in-line linking;
- Link to any part of the Website other than the homepage; or
- Otherwise take any action with respect to the materials on the Website that is inconsistent with any other provision of these Terms.
[The website from which you are linking, or on which you make certain content accessible, must comply in all respects with the Posted Content Standards set out in these Terms.]
You agree to cooperate with us in causing any unauthorized framing or linking immediately to cease. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice. We may disable all or any social media features and any links at any time without notice in our discretion.
If you cause a technical disruption of the Website, you are responsible for any and all liabilities, costs and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs of enforcement) arising from or related to that disruption. You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Riley Jackson Law, its affiliates, licensors and service providers, and its and their respective officers, employees, contractors, agents, licensors, suppliers, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, partners, managers, members, successors and assigns, from and against any and all third party actions, suits, claims or demands and any associated losses, expenses, damages, fees, costs and other liabilities (including reasonable attorneys’ fees), arising out of or relating to your use or misuse of any portion of the Website or the Content, or your violation of these Terms.
POSTED CONTENT STANDARDS
Certain portions of the Website allow you and other uses to post, submit, publish, display or transmit to other users or other persons (hereinafter, “post”) content or materials (collectively, “User Contributions”) on or through the Website. All User Contributions must comply with these Posted Content Standards.
Any User Contribution you post to the Website will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. By providing any User Contribution on the Website, you grant us and our licensees, successors and assigns the right to use, reproduce, modify, perform, display, distribute and otherwise disclose to third parties any such material for any purpose. You represent and warrant (i) that you own or control all rights in and to your User Contributions and have the right to grant the license granted above to us and our licensees, successors and assigns and (ii) that all of your User Contributions do and will comply with these Terms.
You understand and acknowledge that you are responsible for any User Contributions you submit or contribute, and you, not Riley Jackson Law, have full responsibility for your User Contributions, including its legality, reliability, accuracy and appropriateness. We are not responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any User Contributions posted by you or any other user of the Website.
These Posted Content Standards apply to any and all User Contributions and posts. User Contributions must in their entirety comply with all applicable federal, state, local and international laws and regulations. Without limiting the foregoing, User Contributions must not:
- Contain any material which is defamatory, obscene, indecent, abusive, offensive, harassing, violent, hateful, inflammatory or otherwise objectionable;
- Promote sexually explicit or pornographic material, violence, or discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- Infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other intellectual property or other rights of any other person;
- Be likely to deceive any person;
- Promote any illegal activity, or advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act;
- Cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety to, or be likely to upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy, any other person;
- Impersonate any person, or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person or organization;
- Involve commercial activities or sales, such as contests, sweepstakes and other sales promotions, barter or advertising;
- Give the impression that they emanate from or are endorsed by Riley Jackson Law or any other person or entity, if this is not the case; or
- Contain any charity requests, petitions for signatures, chain letters or letters relating to multi-level marketing (pyramid) schemes.
MONITORING AND ENFORCEMENT BY RILEY JACKSON LAW
At all times, Riley Jackson Law reserves the right, but assumes no obligation to, monitor User Contributions. Riley Jackson Law reserves the right to: (a) take any action with respect to any User Contribution that we deem necessary or appropriate in our sole discretion, including, without limitation, if we believe that such User Contribution violates these Terms, infringes any intellectual property right or other right of any person or entity, threatens the personal safety of users of the Website or the public, or could create liability for Riley Jackson Law; (b) take appropriate legal action, including without limitation, referral to law enforcement, for any illegal or unauthorized use of the Website; (c) remove or refuse to post any User Contributions for any or no reason in our sole discretion; (d) disclose your identity or other information about you to any third party who claims that material posted by you violates their rights, including their intellectual property rights or their right to privacy; or (d) terminate or suspend your access to all or part of the Website for any or no reason.
Without limiting the foregoing, we have the right to fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity or other information of anyone posting any materials on or through the Website. YOU WAIVE AND AGREE TO HOLD HARMLESS RILEY JACKSON LAW AND ITS AFFILIATES, LICENSEES AND SERVICE PROVIDERS FROM ANY CLAIMS RESULTING FROM ANY ACTION TAKEN BY ANY OF THE FOREGOING PARTIES DURING OR AS A RESULT OF ITS INVESTIGATIONS AND FROM ANY ACTIONS TAKEN AS A CONSEQUENCE OF INVESTIGATIONS BY EITHER SUCH PARTIES OR LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES.
However, we do not undertake to review material before it is posted on the Website and cannot ensure prompt removal of objectionable material after it has been posted. Accordingly, we assume no liability for any action or inaction regarding transmissions, communications or content provided by any user or third party. We have no liability or responsibility to anyone for performance or non-performance of the activities described in this section.
By using the Website, you represent and warrant that you (a) are at least 19 years of age, (b) possess the legal right and ability to agree to these Terms and to use the Website in accordance with these Terms, and (c) reside in the United States. If you do not meet all of these requirements, you must not access or use the Website.
CHANGES TO THE WEBSITE AND/OR THE TERMS
The Website and Content are subject to change in our sole discretion without prior notice. Riley Jackson Law may revise and update these Terms from time to time, in our sole discretion. Notices of changes will be posted on the Website, and the changes are effective immediately when we post them, and apply to all access to and use of the Website thereafter. Your use of the Website or Content following a change in the Terms indicates your consent to the revised Terms and means that you accept and agree to the changes. You agree that we shall not be liable to you or any third-party for any modification to or discontinuance of any Content, features, services or information generally available on the Website or the Website itself. You are expected to check this page from time to time so that you are aware of any changes, as they are binding on you.
COPYRIGHT [Note to Draft: Consider specifically referencing the DMCA.]
We have adopted the following policy toward copyright and intellectual property infringement. The address of our Designated Agent to Receive Notification of Claimed Infringement (“Designated Agent”) is:
Riley Jackson Law
3530 Independence Dr.
Birmingham, AL 35209
If you believe that material residing on or accessible through the Website infringes your copyright or other intellectual property right, you may request removal of those materials (or access to them) from the Website by notifying Riley Jackson Law notice of such infringement by sending a written notice of the infringement to the Designated Agent listed above. Please specify the type of infringement at issue in such notice, which must include the following information:
- A signature (physical or electronic) of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright or intellectual property interest;
- A description of the work that you claim has been infringed upon;
- A description of where the material you claim is infringing is located on the Website (in sufficient detail to allow us to locate it on the Website);
- Your address, telephone number and email address;
- A statement by you that you have a good-faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the owner of the work, its agent or the law; and
- A statement by you, under penalty of perjury that the information you submit is accurate and that you are the owner of the intellectual property or authorized to act on behalf of the owner.
Once a proper notice is received by our Designated Agent, Riley Jackson Law will investigate the allegations in the notice, and if appropriate, remove or disable access to the allegedly infringing material.
It is our policy in appropriate circumstances to disable and/or terminate the accounts of users who are repeat infringers.
Riley Jackson Law complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability or sex. For further information on our nondiscrimination policies, please see our <<Notice of Nondiscrimination and Accessibility>>.
ATENCIÓN: si habla español, tiene a su disposición servicios gratuitos de asistencia lingüística. Llame al 1-205-xxx-xxxx.
주의: 한국어를 사용하시는 경우, 언어 지원 서비스를 무료로 이용하실 수 있습니다. 1-205-xxx-xxxx 번으로 전화해 주십시오.
Riley Jackson Law may assign the Website, the Content and its rights under these Terms at any time to a subsidiary or parent company or to a successor to its business as part of a merger or sale of substantially all of its assets. You may not assign or transfer your rights under these Terms.
No waiver of by Riley Jackson Law of any term or condition set forth in these Terms shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term or condition or a waiver of any other term or condition, and any failure of Riley Jackson Law to assert a right or provision under these Terms shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
If any provision of these Terms is held to be unenforceable for any reason, the remaining provisions will be unaffected and remain in full force and effect.
If for any reason a court of competent jurisdiction finds any provision of the Terms or any portion thereof, to be unenforceable, that provision shall be enforced to the maximum extent permissible so as to affect the intent of the Terms, and the remainder of these Terms shall continue in full force and effect.
For any questions or comments, or to report violations of these Terms contact us at:
Riley Jackson Law
3530 Independence Dr.
Birmingham, AL 35209