Keith JacksonLocation: Birmingham, Alabama Phone: 205-879-5000 Fax: 205-879-5901
Keith Jackson is a founding partner of Riley & Jackson, P.C. and has litigated complex civil cases for over 20 years. Mr. Jackson has been appointed by the Southern District of Indiana to the Plaintiffs’ Steering Committee in the Cook IVC Filter MDL, and he works on the PSC’s deposition, science, and expert committees. Mr. Jackson previously served as liasion counsel for the New Mexico State Employee Retirement Fund, a co-lead plaintiff in the HealthSouth class action, which resulted in class action settlements in excess of $700,000,000. Mr. Jackson also represented approximately 1,200 claimants in arbitrations against Citi and others involving the WorldCom scandal. Mr. Jackson’s practice includes both mass tort litigation and advocacy on behalf of individuals and businesses in single event litigation involving commercial motor vehicle collisions, traumatic brain injuries, wrongful death, medical malpractice, defective medical devices, products liability, residential and commercial construction defects, business disputes, and insurance coverage disputes.
Mr. Jackson was selected for inclusion among the the 2012-2017 Super Lawyers for the State of Alabama, the 2013-2017 National Trial Lawyers Top 100 Trial Lawyers, and the 2016-2017 National Trial Lawyers Top 25 Mass Tort Lawyers. He is a member of the Multimillion Dollar Advocates Forum, was named Best of the Bar by the Birmingham Business Journal, and was named among Birmingham’s Best Lawyers by Birmingham Magazine. Mr. Jackson is an AV rated attorney, reflecting the highest attainable level of professional achievement and ethical integrity as voted on by his peers.
Mr. Jackson graduated from Emory University School of Law, where he was selected to Emory’s National Moot Court Team, was named Emory’s Best Oral Advocate, and was selected by the faculty for inclusion in the legal honorary society Order of Barristers.
Mr. Jackson is active within the Alabama State Bar, having served as the chairperson for the Alabama State Bar Leadership Forum Steering Committee and as a member of the Editorial Board of The Alabama Lawyer. He is also active within his community and teaches Sunday school to high school students at Dawson Memorial Baptist Church. Mr. Jackson is married to the former Tricia Dawkins of Atlanta, Georgia. They have two sons, William and Evan.
- Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals
- U.S. District Courts, Georgia
- U.S. District Courts, Alabama
- Emory University School of Law, Atlanta, Georgia
- Honors: Emory’s National Moot Court Team
- Honors: Best Brief, Regional Qualifying Competition, New York Bar Association National Moot Court Competition
- Honors: Emory’s Best Oral Advocate
- Honors: Order of Barristers
- University of Alabama
- Handling the Traumatic Brain Injury Case (Alabama Law Weekly, Tort Conference)
- Establishing Potential Areas of Hospital, Corporate, and Institutional Liability in Medical Malpractice Cases (National Business Institute Seminar)
- Common Themes and Defenses in Medical Malpractice Cases (National Business Institute Seminar)
- Testimonial and Documentary Evidence (National Business Institute Seminar)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Alabama Association for Justice, Member
- American Association for Justice, Member
- Birmingham Bar Association, Member
- Alabama State Bar Leadership Forum, Chairperson
- The Alabama Lawyer, Editorial Committee